Delivering for our clients
How envorso worked with one of the UK’s major telecommunications networks to efficiently deliver a significant business transformation in order to launch a new brand of communication services.
This leading MNO is one of the UK’s largest communications companies, providing mobile and fixed-broadband communications services to more than 27 million customers through multiple brands.
The company sought to reduce its operating costs by 30% or more. It entered into a contract with an outsource partner to achieve these cost savings without any derogation to customer services during a time of aggressive business expansion. With the cost savings agreed up-front the company and its outsource partner agreed a joint program to effect the necessary transformations within the IT landscape.
envorso set out and executed the IT strategy for the program enabling both parties to meet their contractual obligations. envorso was selected to set up the governance for the program with the outsource partner. envorso provided this MNO client side program management through a program management office as well as the senior project managers for all the major work streams within the program. Each senior position was mirrored within the outsource partner’s organization to ensure that the transformation and transition steps were agreed and actioned together at every stage. envorso drove a one team, one program approach so that all parties engaged took responsibility for the effort and final outcomes. Shared success was key to ensuring that issues were resolved in a timely win/win fashion.
- Increased operational stability through improved technical resiliency; increased service desk response time; increased user request turnaround.
- Reduction in outdated legacy technical infrastructure.
- Reduced management costs through use of virtualization technologies reducing the total technology footprint on the organization.
- Complete new end-user experience with new hardware, operating systems and upgraded email facilities.
- Achieved 36% cost savings annually.
The London 2012 Olympic Delivery Authority and our teams worked together for over 5 years from “business start up” on a range of services, from program strategy and assurance through to pragmatic project management.
The ODA is a public body responsible for delivery of venues , infrastructure and legacy for the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games.
Business Start Up alongside initial staffing decisions within a non-entrepreneurial governance framework. Rapid deployment of world class program delivery capabilities to ensure games are on-time-on-budget. CEO and CFO needed to get effective management information across 38 programs, 220 sub programs and 784 projects across hundreds of suppliers to enable effective decision making and continuous and ad hoc reporting into government departments.
- Design and Setup support for central program Management Office.
- Developed business cases for many key venues and for critical support programs.
- Setup of program Assurance Function incl. Risk Management Strategy & Processes.
- Support Implementation of PPM capabilities and tools, and key client-side roles in PPM leadership.
- On time and on budget delivery of the London 2012 Games.
- Through strong governance a faster decision making process enabling quicker time to market.
- More trusting culture enabling stronger teamwork and collaborations.
- Business justification support for sign off of £4 billion worth of projects.
How envorso helped a high-end automotive manufacturer worked through its IT separation from its former parent company in Ford against a tight timescale and significant constraints.
- Establish a fully functional IT landscape supporting JLR business activities
- Complete IT separation from Ford and other Ford-owned entities (Volvo, Mazda) within 18 months
- Establish completely independent infrastructure, networks and applications suite
- Establish an affordable IT support model
- Client tailored program methodology.
- Establish end-to-end program planning to mitigate future risk and identify interdependencies
- Establish program-specific processes, aligned with JLR’s processes
We helped Everything Everywhere to scope, design and deliver a complex set of programs and projects to launch the UK’s first superfast 4G mobile services successfully in extremely demanding timescales.
- Worked with EE, using a rapid execution framework for scoping, design and delivery.
- Enabled the rapid delivery of key scoping and design phase.
- Set the program and Project Management framework for delivery including the use of detailed planning and reporting via enterprise collaboration.
- Managed mission critical Projects and programs to successful delivery.
- Successful launch of superfast 4G mobile services alongside fiber broadband.
- EE gained a position of market leadership, being the is the first launch 4G in the U.K.
- Delivery was achieved against extremely demanding timescales.
Following a rapid expansion program through a series of acquisitions , AGCO partnered with envorso to provide an intercontinental supplier management solution.
- Rapid expansion driven by a series of recent acquisitions.
- Big number of global partners.
- Develop a world platform working in collaboration with suppliers in the UK, China, India, Brazil and France.
- Global Integrated Supplier Framework – developed an overarching supplier framework with standardized processes, tools and systems.
- Established a “Hub and Spoke” program Management Office, with a central office in the UK and local offices in the UK, China, India, Brazil and France.
- Developed a world platform working in collaboration with suppliers in the UK, China, India, Brazil and France to provide an integrated supplier management solution.
- A strong governance framework which allows for line of sight reporting and forecasting.
- Regular AGCO / Supplier team meetings where the regions representatives return to the UK to report on progress and obtain program updates.
Petron chose envorso to implement a robust governance system that resulted in the post-merger phase of its program yielding greater value than initially anticipated.
Petron, a wholly owned subsidiary of San Miguel Corporation (Philippines largest company), has an ambitious plan for regional growth in SE Asia.
Inadequate integration planning & lack of program leadership during integration and change in control. In the absence of a business case in the due diligence process, it was very difficult to obtain accurate information during change in control and 100 day period. Ensure the new integrated management team identify and quantify business benefits and synergies in the 100 day period.
- All contingencies were dealt with according to protocols with minimal negative publicity during change in control.
- Petron management had clear 100 Day synergy targets for their newly integrated business .
- The size of the opportunity was significantly in excess of what had been expected.
- Effective PMO throughout the 100 day period and beyond managing successful synergy projects completion.
How we worked with one of the largest banks in the world to integrate the Dutch bank ABN AMRO into its organization.
Royal Bank of Scotland is a British banking and insurance holding company generating revenues in excess of £28bn per annum.
Assist in the set up of a 1200 person organization to manage the separation and integration activities associated with the acquisition of ABN AMRO by consortium.
- EPM tool development – performance resolution and alignment to processes
- Creating and implementing pragmatic best practice for governance of projects
- Building a consolidated portfolio view of change programs
- Implementing Project Management Best Practice
- Creating a balanced scorecard to review programs incl. budgetary tracking and reviews
- Implement dependency management
- Delivering improvements in program and project delivery, implementation of proven process solutions, education and overall knowledge sharing in best practice of the toolset in place.
- Immediate and on-going benefits have been realized in delivering consistent PMO practices
How we played a key role in managing the merger of two of USA’s largest financial corporations.
Designed and developed a web-based Executive Digital Dashboard to view the merger and integration across the organization in real time.
Creation of built-in metrics, decision criteria and workflow, allowing executives to make critical decisions using up-to-the-minute project data.
A comprehensive mapping of the integration lifecycle and workflow to control the merger.
Substantial cost savings of 15% achieved through the effective integration in the pilot area.
Minimum of 5% enterprise-wide savings expected across all integration projects together with reduced delivery timings.
A major mobile telecommunications network selected our team to identify areas for improvements in processes, resulting in a 40% reduction in Time to Market.
Frequent schedule slips
67% of launches on track
High failure rate
17% of launches meet internal metrics
Unpredictable costs and timelines
Third of launches on budget
Introduced idea and project selection to be assessed based on:
Alignment / Attractiveness / Achievability
Raise the bar on delivery performance – Deliver, Rework, Drop
Rigorous analysis before gateway sign-off at end of concept and initiation stages
Re-work projects that do not pass
Close business/IT collaboration to affirm deliverability and high quality of requirements
Commitment on resources benefits, cost and time at gateway approval
- Sponsors accountable for benefit delivery
- Delivery organization accountable for cost and time
Our teams helped a leading Automotive Manufacturer to achieve a single global approach to product development.
South American Team had deployed early Bill of Material process and tools deployed but faced difficulties to embed them into the day to day business. The upcoming deployment of an enhanced version of both process and tools being deployed globally presented further challenges in terms of providing operational stability, implementing new process and tools and sustaining operational capability
Using subject matter expertise in both project management and Bill of Material processes and tools developed through 4 years of BoM tool development and implementation in the European region, envorso used the following approach utilising its Program Delivery service line:
- Capability Assessment – measurement of current South American Bill of Material and vehicle program teams
operational organization & capability against key performance criteria;
- Capability roadmap – recommendations for enhancements required to improve capability to a level consistent
with rest of world;
- System Implementation – managing the implementation of new Bill of Material process and tools to in-process
vehicle development program including user training, issue capture and resolution and data migration;
Stakeholder management – engagement with key stakeholders to promote understanding of business changes
and impact on their functional areas;
- Skills transfer – embedding capability within the local operations team to ensure sustainable business as usual
activities through training and education;
- Setup for success – establish on-going communication networks with global experts to ensure on-going
sustainable support model working across time zones.
- Successful implementation of new Bill of material system on South American vehicle programs.
- South American BoM team capability enhanced enabling in-house training to users of new BoM tool and process.
- South American team aware and tied into global expertise to be engaged in future enhancements to both tool and process and on-going support for issue resolution.